Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What A Katty Bitch!



I spent way too much time this morning watching CNN and The Weather Channel when I should have been sleeping. I have been to New Orleans three times now, and I'm absolutely in love with that town. I've been for Jazz Fest, New Year's Eve, and went once with my wife just to spend a week blowing our wad dining in the best restaurants in which we've ever had the pleasure of dining (I highly recommend Latrobe's on Royal for brunch and The Port of Call for an excellent hamburger and a monsoon or four). I hope Lafitte's (pictured above) made it. At over 230 years old, it's the oldest structure in New Orleans. I've stumbled out of there a few times.

More importantly, I hope the casualties aren't as high in number as the wreckage seems to indicate. They are strong willed, perseverant people. I'm sure they will do well. New Orleans is such a beautiful town with an eclectic mix of diverse people. I would love to call it home, except for the relentless heat and humidity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home